A Timepiece. A Masterpiece.
The Geochron continues to be a symbol of American-made engineering for more than 50 years, and now in the digital age.
A handmade, precision-engineered masterpiece
Major Improvements since 2005
The Geochron is the only mechanical chronometer to simultaneously display the current time and the sun’s Event Horizon simultaneously, anywhere in the world.
The world map is made using a high resolution lithography process, which incorporates environmentally-friendly UV-Curable inks rendering the maps resistant to ultraviolet light and scratching. Machined components are fabricated on CNC and screw machines to exacting tolerances.
Building on the original design of the first Geochron over 50 years ago, we’ve improved on its appearance and internal design:
- 2005 – Most mapsets are now printed on digital offset, which has a higher resolution and color consistency than screen printed mapsets.
- 2012 – Major redesign of the internal Map Motor plate.
- 2012 – Thicker and better quality plastics for the moving shadows, which create the the Sunrise-Sunset line on the clock.
- 2015 – An LED lighting system replaces the fluorescent lighting on most clocks. LED Lighting uses less energy, and improves the color spectrum of the map. (read: it looks better)
- 2015 – Introducing a new Topographical Mapset.
- 2016 – Introducing a new Ham Radio Mapset.
- 2016 – The drivetrain of the Geochron is completely redesigned for durability and accuracy. With Dura Drive technology, we’ve engineered the most reliable Geochron ever made.
- 2016 – Introducing the Sunlit Analemma, showing glowing yellow “sun” to indicate the position of the sun at high noon between the Tropic of Cancer and Capricorn.
- 2017 – Introducing Dimmable LED Lighting with remote control.
- 2018 – Introducing Premium Mapsets.
- 2018 – Introducing Geochron Digital 4k.